Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm With the Band



I've seen some pretty amazing engagement rings in my time - from the dainty solitaire to a whopping 11 carat stunner. Now I can't wait until the day I get my own sparkler, but let's not overlook the wedding band.

Why is it that the engagement ring is so dazzling, while the wedding band is so simple? Well, the answer could just lie in the fact that it signifies something so important and so precious that it must needs be subtle and simple.

I went to the experts at Samara James for their explanation on this beautifully simple statement of love:

"For one thing, the wedding band signifies eternity. That’s what a circle stands for and that was why the wedding band is the shape it is. There really is no beginning and no end and there’s no break anywhere. So it’s simple but oh, so powerful. Something that stands for the eternal always is. There lies the power of this simple wedding band. It has to say simple but strong. Plain but powerful. Subtle but sure. These are the qualities that a wedding band carries with it. Which is why there really is no reason for it to be showy. Its beauty lies in its simplicity and the message of ‘forever love’ that it carries. Something that is deep and strong can only be expressed in the simplest of ways."

So true! So the next time I see a wonderfully happy girl hand in hand with her guy, I'll be looking for the wedding bands because that's the real happily ever after.

Image via Tiffany & Co.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...