I think New York gals have got the best top knots I've seen. I must admit, I've stolen a few envious glances, wishing my fine tresses could transform into a lush top knot.
Lucky for you, here's a little secret for top knot success:
- Tie a pony tail high atop your head as the base of your top knot.
- Pull your ponytail straight up and using your fingers, tease your hair gently, pulling the strands down to the base of the pony.
- Your ponytail will have more fullness to create a more substantial top knot. The more you tease your ponytail, the thicker, and fuller looking your top knot will look.
- Wrap your teased locks around the base of your ponytail into a bun.
- Secure ends and any strays with a few bobby pins.
- Voila - top knot success! Envious glances to follow shortly.
Image by Cmeron R. Neilson via Pintrest.